Monday, August 13, 2012

Is anyone still out there? Update

Hello, to all my beady friends.  It's been a long time.  I've been away from beading for a long time now, but two of my projects will be coming up in a book that's going to print any time now called The Complete Photo Guide to Beading by Robin Atkins.  It is available at that link for pre-order on Amazon.com.  Hope you check it out and buy a copy for your bead library!

In the meantime, I have been going through some personal struggles.  I've had a lot of health issues related to my weight.  In March of this year I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol levels.  Not good.  So I have been on a journey to regain my health.  I have been successful thus far.  My A1C levels (blood glucose average for 3 months) is almost normal, I've lost 47 lbs so far, my blood pressure is back to normal and my cholesterol levels are almost in the normal range.  I've got about 95 more lbs to go to get to my goal weight.  Along my journey I have learned so much about healthy eating and living with diabetes that I decided to start a new blog, Beating Diabetes and Losing Weight Along the Way.  In this blog I will be giving information I have learned from my Dr., my nutritionist and my research in general, as well as recipes and product reviews.  I hope you will stop by.  It could be very helpful or motivating to reclaim your own health, or even you are at a healthy weight how to stay there and some yummy recipes to try.  I'm going to try at least one new main dish recipe each week, take pics of the steps, give the ingredients, directions and nutritional information.  This week I will be making a honey and pecan crusted chicken that is both low cal and low carb.  I also hope you will tell your friends about it.  A diabetic eating plan is healthy for everyone, whether you have diabetes or not.  I hope you will stop by and drop me a note.

I hope all of you are well. 

2 comments:

flyingbeader said...

Lisa, well first off congrats to both getting in Robin's book & on your road to a healthy life. I think that is something I need to look into also. My husband is going to having to go on a strict diet for a metabolic disorder, so I'm sure I'll learn all about it next month when we head out to the Dietitian.

Robbie said...

Wow! Good for you Lisa!!! So glad you are regaining yourself and your life!! yes, I will go to your new blog and refer to my friend (whose hubby is diabetic!). Thanks so much for sharing...glad you are back in the 'fold'!