Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Exclusive

The bead gods must not have been smiling on me today.  I thought they were.  Actually, my day in bead terms went really well.  My DH let me spend a little bit of money today on beads, which is totally awesome of him considering he's been unemployed for so long and money is tight.  My disability income just pays the rent and his unemployment each week basically covers food and gas.  Other than that we're eating up our little savings.  So to get a few dollars to shop with was a happy, fun thing.

I went to my favorite little bead shop near me, and I was soooooooo disappointed.  I usually go there when I'm looking for seed beads.  They've got a really good little seed bead collection, so i can usually find what I'm looking for at a pretty good price.  But today was not for seed beads.  The store was soooo hot, and I don't know about you, but I can't shop when I'm hot.  I get super cranky.  I did find a few things though.  I treated myself to two actual bead mats.  I've never had those before!  I've always used a cloth placemat or a twin sheet folded and folded to about placemat size.  Actually, that works out really well.  It's thick so it's a nice little cushion for my arms on the edge of the table.  Anyways, I got two of those, which I thought was pretty cool.  I found a set of bead caps in the size I needed, which I was having a hard time finding.  The selection wasn't very good, and they were scattered about.  I looked high and low and didn't give up easily.  Paid off for me because I did find them.  Then I got two sets of sterling silver ear wires.  I'm not really a fan of lampwork beads, but I found the perfect ones to finish off the project I'm working on.  Until I realized they were $1.62 EACH!!!  I don't know, but for me that is quite expensive when you're looking at needing about 30 beads.  So I left there and I spent a whopping $6.92!  lol  I was pretty disappointed in my non-haul so what did I do?

I went home and started shopping on my favorite internet bead store...artbeads.com!  I got a nice little buzz looking through all the pages, putting in search words to see what I could find in "14mm blue" and other things.  I was shopping away and looked at the clock...OOPS!!!  I almost forgot to pick up my daughter from school.  Yikes!!!  The hazards of shopping and getting lost in beads!  I did get there in time, so all was well.  Came home and finished my shopping and spent all the money DH gave me, and I was more than pleased.  Now the hard part...waiting for the mailman to deliver my goodies!

So it was a good day, right?  Yes, it was, until I came home tonight to an email from Artbeads for an exclusive discount for me and my blog readers.  I already placed my order today, so now I can't take advantage of it since I'm sure I won't get any more money before the end of the month.  Sad, isn't it?  For me, yes it is.  But for you....YOU still get to get in on the action!!!!  Lucky dogs.  From now until the end of the month, copy the code ZZ-DESIGNER-0211 and put it in the coupon box when you check out.  It's good for 15% off your entire order!!!!

I'm about tapped out for the night and need to head off to beddy-bye.  I hope you all take advantage of the coupon and get lots of wonderful, luscious, delicious things to make more beauties with!

1 comment:

Sweetpea said...

I need to be very careful about visiting artbeads but this is a nice gentle shove to at least have a look-see...thanks much, Lisa!

And if I get into too much trouble, I know where to find you ;>}