Saturday, June 19, 2010

Another Update

Ok, kids.  I did it!  I almost didn't, but I did.  I went to not one, but 3 stores today!!!  The first bead store I went to was one I had never been to before near my son's house on the other side of town.  It was an ok store, but not one I would make a special trip for.  Do you know, they did not have one single cab in that whole place!!!  I was disappointed in that.  But I did manage to spend $13 on some pretty Czech glass beads.  I was drawn to blues and purples.  I'm also always on the lookout for a true purple seed bead, and I found a very good color there, so I bought two packages of those.  I got quite a deal because I printed of their coupon off their website.  I got 40% off one item, 15% off the czech glass and another 10% off the whole purchase !  So I think I made out pretty good.

I want to say thank you to those of you who responded to my last post.  You all gave me such encouragement and inspiration to bust my way through this creative block I've got going on.  Carol Creech was talking about animals and how the bison is strong and powerful. And Carol DeLater was talking about her symbol of power.  Those two comments made me think of my favorite...the dragonfly.  The dragonfly to me is beautiful and independent and free.  So I found a couple of those that I picked up.  Thanks both Carols!  Bobbi Kirk gave me a good idea...make myself commit to just a few minutes a day.  That will be a good start!  Thanks for the suggestion, Bobbi.  Robin, I'll have to check into the book you suggested, too.

I appreciate each and every one of you for taking the time to send me a message.  It means so much!  I will write each of you back (as long as there is a return address in the email).

Then I bought a bunch of other things.  Not because I have a plan for using them, but just because I was drawn to them.  I just read a post by Beth at Bellesanbeauscrafts about how her mother would get wonderful pretty things and then "keep them for good" to save for the perfect occasion but then they were never used.  I'm afraid some of my beads might be just those types of treasures.  I love them and love to sit and look at them, but I want to save them for the perfect project.  As a matter of fact, I have a few of Beth's amazing face cabs (if you haven't seen them yet, you must go look!) that I am treasuring for the perfect project.  But I'm afraid to use them for fear of not doing them justice.  Something I need to work through, don't you think?

So here are the pretties I got today...

The lentils are such a pretty color of purple.  And I have a vague idea of something I want to do with the silver branch...part of a brooch.
These are just faux shell, but I love how the colors mix and sparkle.


These are the cheapy beads, but they are fun and I liked them.  So in the basket they went.


I have a "thing" for leaves.  Some of these are leaves and some are just ovals.  I love the mix of colors.

I can't have enough seed beads.  Ever.  Period. :)


The camera doesn't show it so well, but these just glisten in all shades of colors.  They are gorgeous!

I thought these long, curved pieces of jasper were so unique...I've never seen beads like this before.  Of course I had to have them!

I bought these because next to blues and purples, I love shades of green.

If you have any splendid ideas for me on what to do with any of these, please feel free to let me know!  Like I said, I didn't get them with any special plans in mind...I got them because I was drawn to them.  Maybe tomorrow's time will be spent just going through my colors and sorting this and that to see what speaks to me next.

8 comments:

moonlitfantaseas said...

looks like you had a very good bead buying trip....maybe having some new beads will inspire you, it usually helps me, and dragonflies are my totem as well I have always loved them! and incorporate them into my work quite a bit

Bellesanbeaus said...

Ahhh Miss Lisa...you brought tears to my eyes. I am always so amazed at the kindness shown to me by people I have met doing my blog. Please don't just let the cabs go for "good or the perfect" I will always make you more!!! lol Thank you sweetie and I so hope you find inspiration in all the pretties you got today!!! You go girl! Sending you huge hugs..Beth

Jan said...

Hi Lisa, sorry you are going through a rough patch. I guess I kinda am too, that is why I haven't been blogging much or visiting blogs. Maybe I need to go shopping! I love all the things you bought. I used to buy lots of fabric and some of those gorgeous pieces, I just don't know if I can ever cut into. But hey, some people collect coins. Not because they are ever going to use them, but because they like to collect coins. Why can't we collect beads that we may never use? if they bring us pleasure, that should be enough. And one day, maybe you will find the perfect use for them. I may find the perfect thing to use that piece of fabric for.

I expect I shall see a new piece from you soon, featuring dragonflies? Best wishes for rediscovering your muse and your equanimity.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Good girl!! You got some great loot!! Inspirational for sure!! I know we will love what you are going to make with these. I love purple too. You are right, its hard to find true purple.

Craftymoose Crafts said...

I am glad that you found all these wonderful treasures! Purple is my favorite color, and I agree that it is hard to come by true purple seed beads!

Sometimes for me there is such joy in the purchase that it impedes my creating. I fear that I am sometimes like Beth's Mom and can't part (use) some of my pretties.

Looking forward to seeing what you create!

Robbie said...

Lisa, what deals and nice pieces you purchased! They will all surely inspire you to do something really nice!!

Carol Creech said...

What a great stash of beads you found!! I love dragonflys, too, by the way. Look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Nicolas said...

Helllo nice blog