Thursday, May 27, 2010

I love it when the mailman brings me presents!

OMG!  I got the most fantastic presents in the mail today!  A while back my friend and I (Beth from Bellesanbeaus Crafts) decided to make a trade.  She is just getting into beading so I sent her a stash of beads to get going with.  She had quite a few 11/0's from what I understood, so I sent her a lot of 15/0's and some 8/0's, 6/0's and bugles to go with what she already had.  In exchange she was going to send me 3 of her gorgeous painted lady cabs.  But much to my surprise, I got more than I bargained for.  She sent not 3 but 4 of her cabs!  On top of that she sent me a pkg of blue beads, a stunning square cab that I'm guessing is some sort of jasper, and some cylinder beads to go with it.  She said that she thought of me and my cuffs when she saw this square cab.  How thoughtful was that???  Now, I'm going to have fun making a "Beth" cuff.  Take a look at these treasures that she sent to me!





These are the beads to compliment the square cab.  Pretty, aren't they???


The cab is 1 3/16" square and will be just the perfect size for a cuff!  It's gorgeous!

Just take a look at these face cabs!




They all measure about 1 1/2" x 1" and are made of polymer clay then hand-painted.  They are just exquisite.  Please stop by Beth's blog (Bellesanbeaus Crafts) and take a look at the other wonderful things she has done.  She is so very talented!  lol  I just realized there is a blue bead stuck in the eye of the first cab.   I thought I got them all out.  She packed that one in the bag of blue beads and the beads got packed into the eyes of the mask and I had to work at getting them out with a needle.  Oops...missed one! :)  And you can click on any of the pics for a larger view.

THANK YOU BETH!!!





7 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

You are a LUCKY girl!! Could you please convince her she needs to start selling her cabs, please-please!

That first cab is bomb. Reminds me of Lady GaGa. I'm a sucker for face cabs. I will never see one I don't like so I can only buy the ones I LOVE.

Beth was right, the cab and cab match beads are a perfect match.
xx, Carol

Jan said...

Wow! What a great gift! Isn't blogging fun, there are so many gifted and generous people out there. Your friend does some great work, can't wait to see what you do with some of these things.

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Lucky you! The face cabs are beautiful!

Annesphamily said...

This is just one more example of the pure talent in blog land! Thanks

Bobbi Ann said...

Hi Lisa, Wow,the cabs are awesome! I can't wait to see what you do with them! How in the world did you get pictures that good of them? The cabs that I had gotten from Beth I wanted to post on my blog and I can't get good pictures of them to save me! lol
I hope that you've been doing good. I haven't posted anything on my blog yet since I've been in the hospital. This evening I felt good enough to sit in the chair so here I am. Gosh, it seems like it's been forever! I hope that you have a wonderful rest of your evening.
Giant hugs to you!
Bobbi

Robbie said...

Wow! so cool! I love the faces and I'm going to check out her site! Can't wait to see the Beth's cuff!

Bellesanbeaus said...

awww such sweet words to these old sickly eyes!!! lol. thank you all so much for your lovely compliments...once i am over this nasty bug the painted ladies and i will be back!
i can't wait to see the beth cuff too...im famous now!!! big hugs beth