Sunday, May 2, 2010

I'm a Lucky Mom

I am so lucky to have 4 of the most beautiful, intelligent and healthy kids on the planet.  I am blessed.  It is amazing to me how 4 kids growing up with the same parents in the same home can all be so completely different.  My oldest son, Tyler, is 19 (omg...i can't believe he's going to be 20 in July!!!) and he lives with his girlfriend Michelle and her family.  Both of them came over Friday night for dinner and I got the pleasure of having all 4 of my kids under one roof!  It was the first time I've seen Ty and Michelle since Christmas.  It gets crazy, hectic and definitely funny, and I enjoyed every minute of it.  Tyler has lost weight and is looking kinda pale...he needs to stop being nocturnal.  And he needs a razor. lol  Sara is my youngest...you've seen pics of her before...Matthew is next, then Samantha is my older daughter and then there's Tyler.  I was going to say how well they get along together, but I realized I'd be a liar.  Sami and Sara don't get along so well.  But I bet when they're older and the age difference doesn't matter as much they'll be good friends.  So, I just wanted to share my happy weekend moment when I got to be with ALL my kids.

Tyler and his sweetheart girlfriend, Michelle

And, yes, I am working on another bracelet!  Of course!  It's coming together pretty quickly so I should have it done in the next day or so.  Is anyone getting tired of seeing my bracelets?  I hope you all had a great weekend, too!

4 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Your family is lovely. They wouldn't be brothers and sisters if they got along well all the time. But what counts is that when the chips are down, they stand behind each other.

Nope, not gettin tired of your bracelets. Each one gets better and better!

Glad you had a good weekend.
XX, Carol

Bobbi Ann said...

Hi Lisa, Wow, the kids are so sweet and I can see why you're such a proud mom and were so happy to have them all under the same roof again!
My third oldest son, Daniel lives out of State so I don't get to see him but once or twice a year, I sure do miss him! Then when I do see him, boy it's on then with the camera. lol He hates it to and so do my other sons. I only have my youngest son, Joel who still lives at home, all my other sons are long gone with families of their own. I do miss them a lot, it's hard not for them to be here at home any more and to be adults in their own homes with children of their own. It seems so strange to me. I'll say this though, when they all did live at home and were younger oh my gosh did they argue and fight, but now...they're all the best of friends! I'm sure your girls will be that way to.
I'm so happy for you that you had a great weekend! Thanks so much for sharing it!
I can't wait to see your new cuff...they're all so incredible! I hope that you have a wonderful rest of your evening.
Hugs...
Bobbi

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Robin said...

When I first saw the picture, I thought Samantha was you... What a good lookin' bunch of kids! You ARE lucky... take it from one who has no kids and sometimes has regrets. Thanks for "sharing" them with us!